Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Story of my life-November 2006

Where should I start?
Being so alone
So many confusing clues
Find me far from home

First the broken heart
A strong friendship bond begins
As soon as it comes it falls apart
As we all struggle to be friends

Warning signs were everywhere
Fate written on our souls
Then I got the letters
Saying I have been told

First the friend I couldn’t trust
Then the only one who could save me
Last one telling me it wasn’t over yet
And there’s so much more coming

And me trying so hard
To keep my heart shut
Afraid to love again
Afraid of being cut

They don’t know it yet
But they’ve attacked my heart
I couldn’t live without them I bet
Only now it’s become an art

Trying to keep our souls up
Trying to stay together
They don’t understand or see
The scars there forever

We’ve lied, killing each other
Softly with deceit
Talking behind each others backs
Tiptoeing with bleeding feet

We’re different with each other
Than we are with everyone else
We think we know each other
Inside out, do they know my heart melts?

We tell each other secrets
Telling them to another
Who changed them into rumors
And I duck for cover

People wound and scar us
Try to tear us apart
We almost kill each other yet
Somehow we are linked by the heart

Lilac Ann Black

~Um Yeah, I, Lilac, would like to say that this is also about the trio and I know a little bit of it sounds corny but I was running out of ideas. Tilla, I can't believe you are posting these....

~~Sorry, Lilac. They aren't half bad though...

Tilla Ophelia Marsh

No comments: