Saturday, September 27, 2008

Recent stuff from Lilac

No matter how much space
Time will put between
My heart refuses to let my mind
Forget what it has seen

Although I have long forgiven
The betrayals of my past
My heart has kept things hidden
Which it’s showing me at last

I can’t forget the eyes
I looked upon with love
A fire between us so strong
Pulsing though our blood
*died with the mourning dove

What started out as truth
And burned down with lies
A love and fired smothered down
A song that with the wind dies
*An echo of love that dies

Never will his face of love
Nor his face of deceit
Leave this sight behind my eyes
Or his memories in the street
*as his memory continues to play in the street

As I look into the face
The one I’ve grown to care
I see the one before him
Caught within my stare
* Instead, standing there

Lilac Ann Black
June 6 2008

No comments: