Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Awkwardness

Awkwardness

I feel kind of awkward
I wonder if you do
Knowing that they saw us
And Lied about it, too

We agreed to keep it secret
To never tell them the truth
But I suppose that didn’t work
Hopefully, in the end we won’t have to choose

They are all our friends
And we care about them, too
But, darling, promise that you’ll love me
And that we’ll make it through

I know they’ll start their teasing
Their whispers and their lies
Will you love me and trust my heart enough
And make sure our love will rise?

I never want to lose you
It would kill me if I do
So don’t let them trick your heart away
Because you know I’ll be true

I pray this won’t affect us
And we’ll continue right on through
‘Cause I feel your heart was made for mine
And I mine was made for you.


Lilac Ann Black

Feb. 07

No comments: