Friday, September 26, 2008

Radar/Saphire's Poems

Some are Radar's and some are Saphire's

Ray just sent them to me. I am not sure which is which.
I am asuming these are from 07-08...


"Leave Me Be"

You claim to love me and want whats best,
Yet you won't even let me rest.
Why can't you see that I've grown up,
I'm no longer your little pup.
I've been in pain and seen much sorrow,
Yet I'll still get up with the sun tomorrow.

You need to learn to let go,
Let me deal with my own woe.
I know I may make mistakes,
But I need to learn when to turn on the brakes.

Please, I beg you!
Get a clue!
Let me choose my own path,
Or you may release my wrath.


"What I Seek"

Each and every day I search and search,
As everyone watches from their high perch.

What do I seek? I really don't know,
This search only seems to cause me more woe.

What I seek can not be named,
Nor can it really even be claimed.
It's not a place, it's not a thing,
But when I find it, there'll be reason to sing.


"Why I Cry"

People ask me why I cry,
But the truth is...I don't know why.
I think it has something to do with what's bottled up inside,
My family never seems to be by my side.

I hide away in my mind,
I dream that I am among my own kind.

Why does everyone seem to be,
Always and forever against me?

All of this sorrow that I feel,
Is always hidden behind a seal.

Why do I cry? I think it's easy,
Though it may sound a little cheesy.
I cry for my pain.
I cry for my sorrow.
I cry for whats to come tomorrow.


"A Special Place"

As I look at the sky,
I see the clouds drift by.
As I watch, my mind slowly wanders
To a place where many a girl someday ponders.

It's a place of magic, a place of dreams,
A place where there are no winning teams.
But each girl's is different in its own special way,
It could be a beautiful bay,
A meadow of flowers,
Or maybe even a place where one can have super powers.

Different they all may be, but in some way they stay the same,
For like a young girl's mind, none of these magic worlds are tame.

What's mine like you ask?
Explaining it's a simple task.
My world is one like no other,
Where one can change into another.
It's a place of magic, a place to be free,
It's a place where I can be me.


"My Time to be Free"

Speeding through the sea,
With just the ocean and me.
I feel the wind in my hair.
I haven't a care,
It's like I'm flying through the air.

I look around, as far as the eye can see,
There is glittering water all around me.
I smile and laugh as the boat jumps,
I don't even care about all the bruises and bumps.

This is my time to dare, my time to fly,
My time to watch the rocks zoom by.
Once I leave, there will be no time to go my speed,
I'll return to a place where I must follow another's lead.


"My Mask"

I wear a mask on the outside
And set my tears aside.
I smile, but it doesn't reach my eyes,
Out of my mouth comes white lies.

Tortured when I was young,
I put on a tough girl mask,
To complete a simple task.

Be see as strong, not as weak,
But my emotions are at there peak.

How much longer will I last?
I've been strong in the past,
But a girl can only take so much,
Before she becomes to fragile to touch.


"Why?"

I wish I could say that I'm happy as the days go by,
But that would be the biggest lie.
I yearn for adventure and someone to love,
I wish to no longer feel like a caged dove.

I feel like I'm trapped in a place with no love,
I bet death's hand would fit like a glove.

Why can't anyone see through my smile
And see the soul that pain defiles?

I am different, I have grown up,
But all this pain, I've had enough.

2 comments:

Spirit said...

Don't judge me...and I think "My Mask" was 06-07...

Spirit said...

Don't judge me either...and I think Radar is right...I think "My Mask" was 06-07 too...

-Saphire

P.S. The identity thing won't let this say my name at the top...Booooooo!