Tuesday, September 30, 2008

From Tilla, much love

Laugh if you will at this. I have never been on stage or in a band in my entire life. Which, I must say is a very long time. Maybe I will give it a shot...someday.

But for now, let's look at my poem, even though I have have once experienced it, I used my imagination.

Bright lights spark
Anticipation
Our one chance
To win the nation

The song begins
He takes a breath
It’s hard to hear
Above the rest

His song is short
And I am next
The guitar in my hands
To sing with the best

Before I know it
The stage is mine
I sing alone
Until her time

We take our turns
Singing to the crowd
Our hearts beat fast
The music loud

They scream and cheer
The want more
Beads of sweat fall
And hit the floor

We take our bow
Before our break
To prepare for the play
Where energy is fake

Our two minutes over
We take a stand
We sing our songs
Hand in hand

Side by side we are
Our show almost done
But we must keep it up
Until the very last one

Costume changes
Our final act
We are pumped up
Our hearts race fast

We sing it loud
We give it all
Breathless we are
But we’ve had a ball

The night not yet over
We take out bow
It’s time to dance
Not settle down

We leave the stage
And find a place
Just to dance together
Before we leave without a trace

Our hearts begin to slow
Our minds start to unwind
We cannot cease our yawning
So tired, we are blind

Finally exhausted
We fall into bed
The sweat sticky and dry
The memory fresh in our head

So as the night dies
And we fall into our beds
Falling fast asleep the
Memories dancing through our heads


Tilla Ophelia Marsh

No comments: