Sunday, March 8, 2009

This particular one is interesting

Some days I wonder
How we make it through the day
With all our talk and attitude
And nothing good to say

A hypocrite says one thing
Yet they don’t know what’s true
Instead give them the same situation
And see what different they would do

A little bit of gossip
Always goes too far
How can we not see?
That what we say, scar

All I hear in this room
Is dirt on other peoples’ lives
Yet here are some that sit
The worse yet on them thrives

As if you really care
How the rest of us feel
As you talk us down and crush us
Our souls and spirits you steal

The gossip that fills this room
Creates an invisible cage
It suffocates me, makes me sick
For I attempt to conceal my rage

December 2008


The story behind the poem? I was sitting in class and listening to ALL the petty crappy drama that was being said about people I both know and don't know and I got so sick of listening to all the stuff that I knew I wasn't supposed to know. I certainly wouldn't want to be talked about like that.

No comments: