Friday, March 13, 2009

Lilac's Fork in the Road

February 18 2009

I watch her wander day by day
But there is nothing I can say
To bring her back to common sense
To help her feel a lot less tense
She doesn’t know which road to take
A new mask she has yet to make
She’s not sure she wants to pursue
A feeling she’s not sure is true
She blankly stares ahead
Somewhat wishing she were dead
Not wanting to hurt them anymore
Yet she can’t seem to shut the door
Tied she is to her past
Denying that it was the last
She would ever see her friends
Ignorant to how this ends

I watch her struggle to display
The person she wants to portray
But I fear it’s not what she meant
Her cover is frayed and now bent
She is aware there is much at stake
Yet her true identity she still does fake
I fear there is nothing we can do
As she lets the emotions brew
If she would follow this instead
She would let her heart control her head
This was more than she was asking for
She feels that she can’t have either or
I didn’t see it hit her so fast
The arrow from the bow cast
Straight to her heart before it mends
Slowly I watch as her composure bends


This I know for sure is Echo. About Lilac. What did I tell you? She is easy to write about. When you are writing about someone, pick someone who has an overwhelming amount of mystery surrounding them. That way, you never run out of things to add.
I am still surprised the bird wrote about Lilac...they are pretty much at each other's throats. Of course, Echo is the sentimental one, who is very forgiving and openminded. Most of the time...

No comments: