Friday, March 6, 2009

Slowly I fade- Lilac A Black

Slowly my vision starts to fade
As I lay to rest my head
My memories and life pass by
From a world that’s long been dead

This is no longer my life or time
My world is gone too far away
I’ve traveled too far and changed too much
And this is the only other way

Weakened over and over again
By time and memories
A sickness, a poison in my soul
Left untreated, without remedies

I’d become so used to being tense
So used to a constant unseen fear
So used to being out of place
Going through the motions of being here

That when something woke me up
Inside I became too aware
Of everyone and everything
The pain was too much to bear

But breathing easier
As over whelming as it may be
Is a relief from limitation
But it won’t help me see

(Lilac A. Black)

I believe she wrote this around...oh let's see...Novemeber or December 2008? Her handwriting got a little sloppy...

No comments: