Friday, October 10, 2008

My friend




What seemed unreal
I sought the truth
A possibility I
Could see in you

We’d never met
The blind heart’s cry
But without you
I would die

My best friend
How could I ever cover
All the words
I dare not utter

You were my answer
My light in the dark
In my heart
You’ve left your mark

I want to thank you
You have lended a hand
You’ve kept me sane
With you I’ll stand

I must confess
I need you
Because I love
You, yes, it’s true


I was there for you
And you were there for me
Even if we’re far apart
I’m still happy as can be

You better understand
More than any that I know
The things that haunt
My mind forever so

My poetic verse seems out of touch
Or maybe the phase is at an end
But no matter what I had to write
This poem about my friend

So I dedicate this poem
Whether it be good or lame
To the person that I love
And need forever just the same

No comments: